The following guide covers Locast TV and how to install this app on any device for watching free local channels.
Locast TV is one of the best ways to Stream Local Channels and is also becoming one of the most popular streaming apps today used by millions.
There are hundreds of local channels in various cities across the United States to choose from.
The notable cities being offered by Locast TV are highlighted by Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Dallas, and many more listed further in this guide.
The Locast TV app can be installed on any popular streaming device including the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, NVIDIA Shield, Roku, Android TV Boxes, and any IPTV Box.
For these reasons and more, you can find Locast TV within our list of Best Free IPTV Apps.
For those unfamiliar with IPTV services, IPTV stands for “Internet protocol television.” In other words – live television through the Internet.
Because the Locast TV app is free to use, you may experience buffering and have a limited channel selection.
If you are looking for a paid service with more channels and VOD options, check out our updated list of IPTV services below.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: IPTV WIRE does not own or operate any IPTV service or streaming application. We do not host or distribute any applications. We do not verify whether IPTV services or app developers carry the proper licensing. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any device, app, addon, or service mentioned on our Website.
For 100% legal IPTV service, IPTV WIRE recommends Vidgo.
Below you find information on this free IPTV app including how to install, channels, categories, settings, and more.
Locast TV Highlights
- Hundreds of local channels across the United States (and growing)
- 100% free app to install and use
- News channels
- Sports channels
- Built-in electronic program guide (EPG)
- Locast TV application available in the popular app stores
- Compatible with Firestick/Fire TV, Android, Roku, iOS, and more
- Favorites manager
- VPN friendly
- Settings configuration
Locast TV Channels
As mentioned previously, Locast TV offers hundreds of local channels that are 100% free to watch on any device.
This includes local stations for streaming local news, sports, and more. There are also more cities being added to the application on a frequent basis.
As of this writing, the most popular local channels provided by the Locast TV app include the following:
Locast is available for use in these locations and more:
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rapid City
- San Francisco
- Sioux City
- Sioux Falls
- Tampa Bay
- Washington DC
- West Palm Beach
How to Install Locast TV on Firestick/Fire TV
The Locast TV app is available for installation on several popular streaming devices.
This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, NVIDIA Shield, Android TV Boxes, Chromecast, Roku, Android phones, tablets, and any internet-connected device.
For those using Android TV devices like the NVIDIA Shield, Tivo Stream 4K, or generic Android TV Boxes, you can find Locast in the Google Play Store.
1. From the home screen on your Firestick/Fire TV hover over Find and click Search.
2. Enter “locast” and click the first option that appears.
3. Click the option for Locast under Apps & Games.
4. Click Download.
5. Once this app finishes downloading, click Open or the home button on your remote.
6. Launch the Locast TV app and wait a few seconds.
7. After installing Locast TV on your Firestick/Fire TV you will now need to activate the service for use.
We suggest writing down the activation code for the next steps.
8. Visit the following URL on another device – locast.org/activate
If you don’t have an account, you will need to register by clicking the Create Account option
9. Fill out the required information and click Register.
10. You are then directed to the Activation page. Enter your code from the previous step and click Submit.
11. Your Firestick/Fire TV is now activated.
12. That’s it! Activation of Locast TV is now complete.
Enjoy the 100+ local channels this free IPTV app has to offer!
IMPORTANT: If you are located outside of the US, we suggest connecting to a VPN to access this free IPTV app.
Locast TV on Roku Guide
Unlike some other free IPTV apps, Locast TV has an application compatible with Roku devices.
Follow the short guide below for installing the Locast TV app on any Roku device.
1. From the home screen of our Roku device, scroll down and click Search.
2. Enter “locast” within the search bar.
3. Scroll over and select the Locast channel.
4. Click Add channel.
5. Wait a few seconds for the channel process and click OK when finished.
6. Return to the home screen and locate the Locast channel to launch it.
7. You have installed Locast TV on your Roku device.
Similar to the Firestick/Fire TV, using Locast on Roku also requires activation. Follow those same steps shown above following the Firestick tutorial.
For more information on the Locast TV app, refer to the video below.
For more IPTV options, check out our popular IPTV service reviews below.
- Apollo Group TV Review
- Sapphire Secure Review
- Sportz TV Review
- Dynasty TV Review
- Iconic Streams Review
Overall, Locast TV is a popular live TV option that streams hundreds of free local channels across the United States on any device!
Locast TV FAQ
What is Locast TV?
Locast is a streaming app that provides hundreds of free local channels across the United States.
What Channels does Locast have?
Locast TV holds over 100 local channels in several regions including Chicago, New York, Dallas, Seattle, Miami, and much more.
Is this IPTV app free?
Yes. This IPTV app is 100% free to use on any streaming device.
What devices can this IPTV app be installed on?
This IPTV app is available for installation on any internet-connected device. This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Android, phones, tablets, and much more.