This review features the Seren Kodi Addon for streaming Movies and TV Shows on your preferred Kodi device.
Is Seren Kodi Addon safe to use? Is Seren Kodi Addon legal? What content does this add-on have? We will answer those questions and more in this article.
The reason why we ask legal questions is due to the fact that Seren isn’t available in Kodi’s official repository. This is sometimes a warning sign.
Seren is one of the best Kodi add-ons that provides Movies and TV Shows for streaming.
It is a “premium” Kodi Addon that requires some initial setup and a Real-Debrid account for use.
However, after setting up the addon you will find it works flawlessly for streaming in High Definition.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from a 3rd party provider which we show in the tutorial below.
NOTE: If you don’t have Kodi installed on your device, you can install the latest stable release using the tutorial below.
Seren Kodi can be installed on any Android-powered device including the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA Shield, and more.
The categories within this add-on include Discover Movies, Discover TV Shows, My Movies, My Shows, and more.
Currently, the Seren Kodi addon does not have any live-streaming options.
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: IPTV WIRE does not own or operate any IPTV service or streaming application. We do not host or distribute any applications. We do not verify whether IPTV services or app developers carry the proper licensing. The end-user shall be solely responsible for media accessed through any device, app, addon, or service mentioned on our Website.
For 100% legal IPTV service, IPTV WIRE recommends Vidgo.
If you are looking for the best way to view live tv on any device, we suggest our updated list of IPTV Services.
There are thousands of Kodi addons and Seren is one of the best available.
Below you find information on this Kodi Addon including how to install it, its features, categories, and more.
Is Seren Kodi Addon Safe?
Before I install this, I first want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within the add-on’s repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts users during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
The best way to protect yourself when using unverified Kodi add-ons is with a VPN.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install Seren Kodi Addon through their repository.
How to Install Seren Kodi Addon
1. After Kodi is installed on your device, launch Kodi and click the Settings icon.
2. Click System.
3. Hover over the Add-ons menu and turn on Unknown sources.
4. Read the warning message and click Yes.
This is another reminder to use a VPN when running these unverified, 3rd party Kodi addons such as Seren.
5. Next click the back button on your remote and select File manager.
6. Click Add source.
7. Click the <None> icon to open the search box.
8. Enter the following URL and click OK – https://nixgates.github.io/packages
Note: This is the official source of the Seren Kodi Addon.
9. Name the media source whatever you prefer and click OK.
10. Click the back button and select Add-ons.
11. Click Install from zip file.
12. Locate and select your media source.
13. Click the zip file URL – repository.nixgates.zip
14. Wait a few seconds for the Nixgates Repository Add-on installed message to appear.
15. Next click Install from repository.
16. Click Nixgates Repo.
17. Choose Video add-ons.
18. Click Seren.
19. Click Install.
20. When prompted, click OK.
21. Wait for the Seren Kodi Addon installed message to appear.
Installation is now complete!
Seren requires a bit of setup before using the addon. Continue reading to learn how to set up Seren for flawless streaming on any device.
How to Set Up Seren Kodi Addon
1. Open the Seren Addon.
2. From the main menu, select Tools.
3. Click Open Settings Menu.
4. Hover over Accounts and click the toggle to Enable Real-Debrid.
5. Click Authorize Real-Debrid.
6. Visit real-debrid.com/device and enter the code provided.
7. Click OK.
8. Return to the settings menu and select Provider Tools.
9. Choose Manage Provider Packages.
10. Click Install Package.
11. Select Web Location.
12. Type http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers and click OK.
13. Click Install.
14. Click OK.
15. Click Close.
16. Return to Settings and select Open Settings Menu.
17. Hover over Playback and change Movie Play Style and Episode Play Style to Source Select.
18. Hover over Scraping and change the preferred cloud location to real-debrid.
If you are a trakt user, you can also integrate this platform within the Seren Kodi addon.
Continue reading to learn how to integrate Trakt.
- Within the Settings Menu, select Trakt Sync Tools
- Click Yes
- Visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter your provided Code.
- Click OK
Trakt is now integrated. Enjoy!
If you are looking for more addons with other content options, see our guides below:
Are Kodi Addons Legal?
It’s impossible for IPTV Wire to determine whether these unverified Kodi addons hold the proper licensing.
If and when a Kodi add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our website to reflect that information.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through unverified Kodi addons such as Seren.
You can view Kodi’s full list of verified add-ons from their official website.
Overall, Seren is a well-known Kodi add-on that provides tons of high-quality links for Movies and TV Shows on Firestick, Android, and more.
Seren Kodi Addon FAQ
What is the Seren Kodi Addon?
Seren is a free Kodi add-on that provides hundreds of live streams and various options for streaming live TV.
Does Seren Kodi Addon have Movies?
Yes. Seren features Movies and TV Shows for streaming.
Is this Kodi add-on free?
Yes. This Kodi add-on is 100% free to use on any streaming device.
What devices can this Kodi add-on be installed on?
This Kodi add-on is available for installation on any device that runs the Android operating system. This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and any Android device.